The good news is that soundbars have never been so popular. Therefore, you have many to choose from.
The bad news is that soundbars have never been so popular. Therefore, you have many to choose from…
So, where do you start?
Here is a quick checklist of the issues you should think about:
- Price: the quickest way to simplify your choice is to set yourself a budget – and stick to it. There are simple budget stereo soundbars - but the best soundbars can compete with high-end home theater systems. The amount you are willing to spend will quickly narrow your choices.
- Number of Speakers: stereo only? 2.1 with a subwoofer? 3.1 with a center speaker? Dolby Atmos or dedicated surround sound speakers? There are many different types to choose from.
- Connections: how does the soundbar connect to your TV – and will you be able to hear all the audio formats you need? Also, do you want to connect different external devices too?
- Other features: do you want to connect via Bluetooth? Or Wi-Fi and Ethernet for internet access? Do you want to be able to access streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music, etc.? All these little extras can make or break your choice.
- The cornerstone of any great home theater is the A/V gear. A big, bright screen, a stellar surround sound system, and high-res components are critical to the experience. However, if this equipment is too difficult to operate, you’ll quickly begin to lose interest in your entertainment investment.
Consolidate Your Controls
Thankfully, there’s a simple solution: a system that consolidates the controls of all A/V components into one single remote. Instead of juggling several clickers, pressing one button on one sleek remote can kick-start the entire home theater setup. Commands can even extend to equipment beyond A/V, as many home theater systems can be configured to command the room lights, fiber optic “stars” on the ceiling, temperature settings, or even a motorized lift that rolls down a projection screen from the ceiling.
Indeed, much of a home theater’s appeal has to do with special effects and the overall room atmosphere. The space should be inviting and welcoming, while also giving off a vibe of being a special area of your home where you can escape and envelope your senses with pure movie magic. When you combine whole-home automation and entertainment systems, you elevate your home theater experience while enjoying incredible peace of mind so you can relax and be swept into the magic.